Career services professionals came together Wednesday afternoon to talk about “the ultimate employer”. Here are some tactics that they saw campus recruiters employ to successfully communicate with students:
- Promoting all the types of positions the company hires for. For example a software company may not just hire computer sciences majors but may also be aggressively trying to fill positions in sales, marketing or operations
- Develop tools to help career services convey the details about your program especially if you can’t be on campus. Disney does this well with their “information session” video on YouTube
- Providing a timeline to students, i.e. you will hear back from us in one week
- Make sure the company representatives who are on-campus and/or the hiring managers know what your company’s hiring processes and policies are so they are not unintentionally giving bad advice
- When a student is accepted to a on campus interview invite the student into a closed LinkedIn group and keep them in the loop about the process and continue communicating with these students to keep them engaged
- At career fairs or info sessions give to students a small handout detailing the next steps to take to apply to open positions within the company
Attendees – there will be a wrap up of this forum combined with a campus recruiting forum at this Friday’s closing session The Ultimate Candidate Meets the Ideal Employer (Vendome).